Christopher Meadows Memorial Education Fund
Chris began his pursuit of an emergency medical career while he was studying in the business school at Cal Poly. During his junior year, he enrolled in the EMT program at Cuesta College. After completing the EMT 1 certification, he hired on with San Luis Ambulance in December 2006. After graduating from Cal Poly in June 2007, Chris put his potential business career on hold to work full-time in emergency service.
The more he worked as an EMT, the more he realized that emergency care was right for him, and he was good at it. Chris agonized over which path to pursue – a business career that would be financially rewarding and leverage his college training, or one in emergency services, which he did well and loved, but would never make him rich. Chris joined the Search and Rescue team and was in the process of being appointed the medical team lead when, as a SAR volunteer, he was tragically killed. He was the first member in the history of the SLO Search and Rescue team to be lost in the line of duty. Found in his car after his death were two applications to paramedic schools ready to be mailed. Chris had chosen to pursue what he loved.
Chris never got to continue his career in emergency care. This memorial scholarship fund was established so that others can carry on Chris’s dream.
In addition to seeking general donations, the fund holds an annual wine tasting and silent auction in May. For more information contact Tim Meadows, [email protected]
Christopher Meadows Memorial EMS Education Fund Video
- 2019 – Skyler Robertson, Timothy Ulleseit
- 2018 – Kristen Clarke, Hilary Wolfe
- 2019 – Molly Ayres, Jacqueline Blumeyer, Gaston Lau, Miguel Reyes, Aldina Thornberry
- 2018 – Jeremy Ramirez, Jean Reade, Kayla Pedrani, Nitisha Carr, Nicholas Conforti, Tim Nurge
- 2017 – Mark Blattler, Nissa Guerrero, James Hoover, Carlos Manriquez, Viet Vo
- 2016 – Tyler Brandt, Candra Cooper, Jamie McRoy, Evin Murphy, Scott Sherrill
- 2015 – Jason Arroyo, Tania Coulombe, Rachael Ridenour, Timothy Ulleseit
- 2014 – Taylor Alaimo, Dustin Bury, Natacia Garcia, Jonathan Nugent, and Danielle Vidal
- 2013 – Patrick Patton, Brent McNichols, and Grant Brady
- 2012 – Mayra Cazares and Robby McCain
- 2011 – Matthew Brody
- 2010 – Scott Schieber
- 2019 – Emily Barbero, Emily Gacad
- 2018 – Sunny LaLonde, Shelby Thomas, Madison Harris
- 2017 – Jeffrey Patenaude, Cole Saunders
- 2016 – April Denny, Skyler Robertson
- 2015 – Mikayla Lowe, Lucy Schermesser
- 2014 – Kayla Pedrani, Heath Gallagher, Cheyenne Charley
- 2013 – Luke Yessner
- Tim Meadows
CHARITYSMITH accepts donations in two ways:
Christopher Meadows Memorial Fund
CHARITYSMITH Nonprofit Foundation
13100 Filly Lane
Truckee, CA 96161
Use credit card by clicking the link below:
The above Memorial Fund is established as a division of CHARITYSMITH Nonprofit Foundation (EIN 87-0636433). All donations are tax deductible in accordance with federal tax law. Receipts for tax purposes are sent via US Mail within two weeks of donation. Please consider asking if your employer participates in a gift-matching program. If so, your donation may be matched by your employer.
For questions regarding your donation or this memorial fund please contact CHARITYSMITH.