Larry F. Ball Memorial Scholarship Application Information
Thank you for your interest in the $4000.00 Larry F. Ball Memorial Scholarship! In order to be eligible for this scholarship, you must meet the following criteria:
- Must be a female who is an Ohio resident.
- Must be enrolled in a four year US accredited university/college located in Ohio (in any year of college).
- Must be able to demonstrate service within the community in some way and committed to community service in the future.
- Must be a US citizen.
- Must include a letter of recommendation from a non-family member.
- Nontraditional students welcome to apply.
Please note: Scholarship recipient will receive $4000.00 that will be sent directly to the recipient’s college account and can be used for tuition, books and/or school fees. No scholarship funds will be given directly to the student.
This award will be issued only once in the Fall semester of the year that the award is given. The recipient can be in any year of their college education (1st-4th year). They can not reapply for the scholarship in subsequent years.
If selected as a recipient of this scholarship, you will need to provide the following information to the scholarship administrators to receive your award funds:
- Your name and student ID for the college where the funds are to go.
- University Name, Financial Aid Office contact’s name and the address where the award money will be sent.
The scholarship application deadline is May 31 and awarded in the Fall semester of the same year.
Thank you for applying and good luck to you! Sincerely,
Heidi M. Ball
Larry F. Ball Memorial Scholarship administrator
The Larry F. Ball Memorial Scholarship was established in 2019 as a tribute to the memory of Larry Ball by his family. He was the beloved father and grandfather of two daughters and two granddaughters. His outgoing spirit and friendly smile allowed him to touch the lives of many people around him. He was proud to call himself an Ohio State Buckeye and believed in the power of education, thus inspiring this scholarship fund.
This $4000.00 scholarship will be awarded annually to a female student who is a resident of Ohio. Furthermore, the applicant will be committed to completing a Bachelor’s degree at a four year university/college. The application details below outline the required eligibility criteria.