L.I.V.E. Like Hannah Foundation: The Hannah Viall Memorial Fund
Have you ever thought we need more kindness and compassion in the world or wondered why people don’t show more respect for one another? It is troubling at times to see how people treat each other. We want to establish the L.I.V.E like Hannah Memorial Fund not only to honor our daughter, Hannah Micheala Viall, but to challenge others to live more earnestly and selflessly as she did.
Hannah passed away as the result of a car accident on February 24, 2018, a month shy of her 16th birthday. She had a kind, generous and loving spirit, and her smile would light up a room. Hannah had a way of reaching out to many people and making everyone feel loved and accepted. Even if you didn’t know Hannah, she strived to make you laugh and feel good about yourself. She had a huge heart, never met a stranger, practiced acceptance, and had an abundance of love and compassion for everyone. If you came into her path, you were her friend.
The L.I.V.E. like Hannah Foundation is all about L-loving, I-including, and V-valuing, E-everyone. This foundation will help people throughout our local community and beyond in the following ways:
1. Provide full and/or partial scholarship funds for the Leader in Training (LIT) program at Camp Don Lee, where kids will learn to work as a team, grow as a leader, develop their faith, cultivate lifelong friendships and have lots of fun participating in activities such as sailing, swimming, canoeing, archery and more. Kids attending the LIT program have the opportunity to gain certifications in lifeguarding, first aid, CPR and much more.
2. Offer scholarships at two of our local high schools to seniors who have overcome challenges in their lives, and exemplify caring and compassionate qualities and give back to their communities.
3. Provide outreach to the community by partnering with the YMCA of the Triangle (Y Guides Program) in performing Random Acts of Kindness. These acts can range from paying local families for their kids to participate in YMCA of the Triangle Y Guides program. This program focuses on strengthening the father-child relationship through one-on-one activities. It’s through these shared experiences that fathers and their children grow closer and form memories that last a lifetime.
4. Provide a scholarship for a graduating senior in Leader’s Club at the Kerr Family YMCA. Hannah was a member of this organization, at the time of her death, and she was developing great leadership skills, while also performing service projects in our community.
5. Offer scholarships for Youth Mission Retreats through Wake Forest Presbyterian Church where Hannah was a member and a part of the Youth Leadership Team. These mission opportunities provide support and outreach to various communities, while also promoting compassion and generosity. These trips help the kids to grow in their relationship with Christ and show them His love and mercy.
Apply for a college scholarship HERE
Apply for a YMCA Leaders Club scholarship in Raleigh, North Carolina HERE
Hannah’s legacy will carry on through this Memorial Foundation by spreading kindness and generosity, as well as reaching out to others to show that we respect and care for everyone.
One of Hannah’s core traits was showing Kindness to all people and she loved to give hugs to show you she cared. We believe the best way to create a legacy for Hannah would be to challenge everyone to perform kind acts for those around you, to pass along a hug or smile to someone you barely know or someone you see struggling to make them feel accepted and know they are loved. If you are passionate about helping support these causes, please feel free to make a donation to the L.I.V.E like Hannah Foundation Memorial.
Camp Don Lee: https://donleecenter.org/
Wake Forest Presbyterian Church Mission Retreats: https://www.wakeforestpres.org/our-ministries
- Erika M. Viall
- Dean M. Viall
CharitySmith accepts donations in two ways:
L.I.V.E. Like Hannah Memorial Fund
CharitySmith Nonprofit Foundation
13100 Filly Lane
Truckee, CA 96161
Use credit card by clicking the link below.
For questions regarding your donation or this memorial fund please contact CharitySmith.